Thursday, September 10, 2015

Untouched and peaceful....

For the past couple of weeks I have had my eldest daughter Amelia, home from university for the mid semester break along with her boyfriend, Bayley. Its been really lovely to have a full house again and to hear her and her sister Caitlin, have there normal sister banter going on and to also have a male voice added to the mix as well. Their visit home also coincided with Caitlin's 16th birthday and Caitlin's first school ball which was nice for them both. 
 Unfortunately I was working most of the time they were here but I did manage to get a couple of afternoons off to spend some time with them and show Bayley around our part of the country. These photos are taken at Opoutere beach, an untouched and often deserted beach north of Whangamata. Its easy to take the scenery around where you live for granted so when you show visitors around its like seeing those places with new eyes. Plus it's also a reminder of how fortunate we are to live in such a beautiful part of New Zealand. 
 The afternoon we did this beach walk was quite windy and it had showered intermittently all day hence the dark clouds in the photos which I think adds a little moodiness to them. 

4 comments:

Julie said...

I remember Opoutere Beach - I was last there in Summer, but it was absolutely stunning. I always remember my Nan telling me sharks liked it too.

Leeanne said...

paradise!

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful.

Sue said...

Leeanne above put me onto your blog, and might I say how much I recognise your part of the world. I have been visiting Whangamata for nearly 50 years now and have a sister that lives there. I visit as often as I can. Your photos of Opoutere are beautiful, nothing like a walk on the beach.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...