Sunday, May 25, 2014

British inspired.....

 The first of my 3 retro dining chairs is finished and I have to say I am really pleased with how it's turned out. I love the colour combo of  red/aqua/white and I think the proportions of each colour works well.
This is the 3rd Union Jack design I've painted on a piece of furniture so feeling relatively confident I decided to challenge myself by painting the Union Jack design on both sides of the chair back. It was a lot harder than I thought to get those diagonal lines to wrap around the top of the back chair legs. Actually I don't really think that I gave much thought to how hard it might be. I just thought it would look good with the design on both sides. 
 I really love the shiny bright red oilcloth especially against the glossy white. 
So for the last couple of weeks I've been really undecided on what to do with the other chairs. I really want all 3 to look like they go together as a set but also that each one can stand alone as a statement piece of furniture. It was only yesterday that I finally decided on what to do with the other two chairs and sorry but  I'm not going to even drop a hint of what I am going to do but I can't wait to start work on them ;-)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your chair looks awesome! I love the glossy red seat and the union jack on the back is a fabulous touch! Can't wait to see your next creation.

Wendy said...

It looks fantastic... but it's called the Union Flag, not the Union Jack, that's a misnomer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...