Monday, September 26, 2011

Spring blossoms and blooms...

Spring is really in full swing here and we have been watching this blossom tree just 2 doors along from us quite quickly come into bloom over this past week. Just when I thought it had finished coming out the next day it would look even more beautiful.

It is quite a large tree but I have no idea what sort of tree it is but a good one to play under for the neighbourhood kids when in the heat of summer it provides some welcome shade.

As you can see I took a few photos of it on Saturday which was a nice warm spring day, perfect for being outside in the garden.
These 'Clivia' flowers dotted around our backyard garden are providing a lovely splash of warm colour everywhere.
A delicate blue Japanese iris just coming into flower. These plants love the shade so last year I transplanted a whole bunch of these underneath the tall redwood trees at the back of our property.

Pink and red Azalea's flowering underneath our loaded Lemon tree.

A Magnolia bloom
One of our Magnolia trees with a very similar coloured Rhododendron in the background.
These tiny camera shy flowers were given to us from my late father-in-law and I think they are a native little orchid. Whatever they are I like them for their sweet size and colour.

What's flowering in your garden this season?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful blooms... I ventured out in the garden today, digging in lots of compost and planting some new plants!

Kathy said...

Isn't spring marvellous! Everything is bright and clean and there is such a lot of colour in the garden. My spring favourites are daffodils for colour and jasmine for scent.

Unknown said...

Holey mackerel these photos are stunning Catherine! That tree is amazing. I wish my garden would look like that at any point but alas, it's not to be... I'll have to just enjoy yours!

Katy Cameron said...

I'm not a gardener, but I think the tree is maybe a cherry? You get white and pink blossomed ones

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have a beautiful garden - all the flowers and the colors are so lovely. Unfortunately, we are heading into winter here, so not very much is blooming - just some last minute stragglers.

Lis Harwood said...

Beautiful photos, Happy Spring to you!

Emma said...

Gorgeous garden! And yes, I see your lemon tree is amazing.

Bec I am said...

Stunning, very rewarding for you too I imagine.

Diane said...

Those blossoms are beautiful!

Karen said...

So very pretty. I love flowers. I think I pin more pictures of flowers than anything else on Pinterest. Our clivia finished flowering about a month ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...