Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Works of art.....


In between trying to keep warm, get washing dry this is what the girls and I have been working on. After seeing Leslie's modern barn quilt canvas I was inspired to create one myself and then realised it would be a great holiday activity for the girls as well. Leslie directed me to the original instructions here. Thanks Leslie! I really enjoyed messing with the paints and creating all the colours from the limited paints we had on hand plus it was great to work on something creative but in a different medium to what I normally work with. Next time I might tackle something wonky like Leslie's!


Another bonus with these paintings was that the canvas's at our local book/stationary store are 1/2 price at the moment so Caitlin ended up doing 3 and Amelia has another couple of ideas for 2 more when she gets back from her stay with her Grandparents. You can see more inspiration here on the flickr group.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

these are so bold and beautiful! your colour schemes are radiant. love!

Pomona said...

That looks like fun - such beautiful sunny colours!

Pomona x

Emma said...

What a fun idea. They turned out so well. Your girls must be pleased as punch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...