Friday, April 29, 2011

Today I am thankful for.....

After 4 days of rain I am making the most of the sunshine and fresh winds to dry four loads of laundry. I could  show you a picture of sheets blowing in the breeze but these pink pegs in a vintage basket are much prettier don't you think.
Family and friends sharing their autumn bounty of walnuts and feijoas with us. You can't beat fresh walnuts in baking and the lovely fragrance of  feijoas. I just might be baking feijoa and ginger muffins this weekend.

The US and NZ postal systems for delivering these pretty bliss fabrics so I can finish my Bliss quilt, which I'm also hoping to work on tomorrow. These fabrics were purchased on Etsy here and here.
Tonight the girls and I will be staying up late to watch 'the wedding'. Wisely my husband is going out to watch rugby and basketball so it will be a nice girls night in.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Yummy Bliss!! I have 3 Bliss quilts in the making! One will be mine for sure, I love it, love it!! Yes, I taped the Royal Wedding so I wouldn't have to get up at 4am. I did get up to watch Charles and Diana the summer I graduated from H.S. I'm getting old! Enjoy your daughters :0)

Karen said...

I love the green/aqua spot fabric. Delish! The wedding was lovely. So elegant. I wish we had dry enough weather to hang out the washing. I haven't done that for so long. We have had the wettest autumn since forever. Can't complain about the rain though because most of the time we don't get enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...