Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I've been making..........

....little handmade buttons from Michelle's tutorial except instead of a ribbon shank I made a loop with the embroidery threads then stitched over the loop with a blanket stitch.

The buttons were made for these bright and fresh cushions that were inspired by the cushion I made for Deb here. I had some left over half square triangles which I added to, then played around with some designs and ended up with 2 cushions.

A zig-zag design....

and this one with alternate colours. They are both simply machine quilted with straight lines echoing the patchwork design.

I used up some scraps for the backs which I like as the fronts.
Although I'm sure I could find a place for them in my home they are up for sale in my etsy shop here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a lovely addition to the Etsy shop, Catherine! And the buttons ain't so bad either! ;)

Karen said...

Love the colour combo and design. The buttons you made add a lovely touch. I tried covering buttons once but it was a total disaster. But talking to my cousin i may have had a dud kit. They sure are a great way to 'unique' a project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...