Friday, December 3, 2010

Shop update....

Newly listed in my shop are kits with instructions to make your very own heirloom sewing box. I know it's taken a very long time for me to get around to doing these kits but this was a bit of learning curve for me and I wanted to be sure  my instructions were easy to follow and full of good detailed photos of each step for those of you that need visuals as well as written instructions. Making your own sewing box up means you can choose specific fabrics of your choice and you also get sense of accomplishment at the end of having done it yourself. These boxes are fairly easy to make but do take a bit of time and patience. Of course I do have a couple made up and ready for instant purchase if you're time poor.

My creative space this week. Yes due to a custom order of a flower brooch I did manage to squeeze in some relaxing hand sewing creativity.

I'm loving the colour combo of this brooch and might have to replicate in other projects some time. Hope the recipient likes it!
Have just listed 3 different styles of these brooches in my shop.

5 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Oooooh... I LOVE that brooch!!! Soooo realistic!! Beautiful!!

Karen said...

Congratulations on writing your pattern. I bet you are glad you survived it. So much double checking. The brooch is gorgeous. Love pink and green together.

XUE said...

Hi Catherine! Congratulations on the Etsy sales! Love the pretty pink brooch & the blue one (in your shop) too! Happy days & wishing you more sales!

myBearpaw said...

Love your brooch and I think your sewing basket kits are inspired! Good luck selling them!

Leeanne said...

beautiful sewing box.
I see you live in Whangamata, we were there a couple of weekends ago for the Jazz festival...nice place.No quiltshop though...found the new one in Waihi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...