Thursday, December 2, 2010

The countdown has begun!

Just so you know there's only 23 days till Christmas!! OMG I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet or made any presents on my list of presents I want to make. This is one of the advent calenders I made for the girls. Each day something is taken from the pockets on the sides and added to the Christmas scene such as lights on the house and tree, presents under the tree, people at the windows and.... 

....a letter to Santa in the letterbox.

This one is just filled with chocolates and as you can see I need to buy more. In previous years I've filled it up with small decorations to put on the tree or little presents to open such as new hair clips or ties.

And this lovely bundle of fabric was a surprise parcel in the mail today. Lara promised a while ago to send me some charm squares of Wonderland by Momo that she no longer needed and I sent her a Bliss charm pack in return. To my girls delight she also popped in these adorable candy cane mice to hang on our tree. Thanks Lara! I want to make something with them right now..... but I have presents to sew, and wall paper to rip off walls which is what is actually keeping my busy at the moment.

4 comments:

Renee said...

What a gorgeous advent calendar!!

Lara said...

Love your advent calendars Catherine. I saw this idea and thought it was brilliant too...
http://www.sarahjanestudios.com/blog/2010/11/30/childrens-book-advent-calendar/

I am definitely doing it next year! I've almost got our calendar finished. Just need to buy two rods to hang :)

Can't wait to see what you make! x

Rafael's Mum said...

Love your advent calendars, especially the one with the little pockets on the side. It's like a wallquilt with extras.

Unknown said...

the advent calendars are stunning (the first one is really awesome)! wow you made those! amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...