Monday, November 22, 2010

A new crochet bag...

I whipped up this bag to hold my crochet in on Friday. I got the pattern from the Spring issue of 'Stitch' magazine but made a few modifications to suit my needs. I increased the length and width by 2 inches and also lined it and added 2 layers of fusible interfacing to make it more durable and 1 layer of fusible batting to make sure it stood on its own.

I also added a pocket inside to hold my crochet needle case, scissors and tape measure. I used some batik fabrics from my stash in my favourite colour combo of blue and green which also matches the colour scheme in our lounge where it will live most of the time. The navy blue bias binding trim was a purchased one I had in my stash which I think gives a nice finished look to it. Really happy with how this bag turned out  and it looks much better than the plastic supermarket bag and knitting bag that I was using!
I took it to a friends place in the hope of getting a little crochet done this weekend but we were too busy catching up that I didn't pick it up once. I did however do some paper crafting with Caitlin of which I will reveal tomorrow. She just has a few little finishing touches to make before we take some photos. 
Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend out there!

5 comments:

Karen said...

That looks like a great bag to hold your crocheting. My knitting is in a gray shopping bag. Must add a knitting bag to my list.

Rafael's Mum said...

Another of your lovely creations. You have a very good sense of matching fabric to patterns! What a lovely bag!!

Molly said...

Great bag and I LOVE that granny square peeping out of the first picture! That's going to be an awesome project with all those pretty colors.

Unknown said...

love the bag Catherine! perfect for the crochet stuff! that always happens to me... i bring the crafty stuff along with every intention of working on it, but rarely do! gah!

XUE said...

Greetings from across oceans & dunes as I am not home now (& you know where!). Always love the combo of blue & lime green so your latest work is another favourite for me! Happy days from this hot city!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...