Thursday, June 17, 2010

Alphabet wallhangings

So this is what I've been working on these last couple of weeks. This is the boys version of my Alphabet wall hanging, and ..............


.......this is the girls version. Each letter is appliqued onto a little pocket. The girls version has 30 pocket while the boys has 25 so lots of room for those little treasures that kids like to collect. They measure 25" by 33" for the girls and 25" by 29" for the boys. I really enjoyed designing these and of course choosing the fabrics for them. I was inspired by some wall hangings I made for my girl's room's and an alphabet quilt I made for a friends little girl.

Blue ric rac and blue check binding for boys.

Pretty pink ric rac and pink heart bias binding for the girls.

These will be for sale in my Etsy shop very soon!!!

I'm adding this to this weeks Sew'n'tell Friday over at Amylouwho's. Go on over and check out all the other lovely finishes this week.

23 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

OMG I hate to think what would end up in the pockets of a boy's quilt!! Great designs :)

Molly said...

Pockets! What a clever and useful idea. I have three boys so I'm smiling thinking of what treasures would end up in those pockets. Hmmm.... lots of action figures, cool rocks and probably some hot wheels ....

MandMStudio said...

So lovely:)My little girl would fill it with worms and rolly-pollies lol

Laurel H. said...

What wonderful quilts--and what great ideas for rick rack use, of which I now have a ton!

Jenny said...

so very fabulous! what great projects and finished quilts! and lots of fun to play with!

Unknown said...

catherine you are clever. what a pretty (and organized) storage idea for little things!

Lara said...

Exciting Catherine! You are opening your own etsy store!!

pinksuedeshoe said...

What a great idea! Love the pockets.

Kara Forristall said...

Wow! I've had an alphabet quilt/book project on the back burner for so long, I never thought of pockets! this is fabulous!!! They will sell in NO time!

Miri said...

Alphabet quilts with pockets: Fabulous! Cute too!

Diane said...

Catherine, these are adorable! super cute.... nice job!

Leslie said...

these are adorable

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Those must be so fun for the kids! Great work.

Nima said...

wow...awesome quilts...

Karen said...

They are just wonderful!

Anne Maskell said...

Hi Catherine, your quilts are absolutely beautiful! Thank so much for visiting me, and the best of luck with your etsy shop too!

em's scrapbag said...

What fun quilts! Love the ric rac!

Ivory Spring said...

Thanks for visiting my sew and tell.

My goodness - those quilts are SWEET! Both versions are equally adorable.

Michelle said...

Adorable! The ric-rac is a wonderful addition.

Dayna said...

Oh, I love these!

Ariane said...

These are adorable!!! I love the pocket idea. So clever!!!

Rene' said...

These are really cute!!! Love the ric rac embellishment. Thanks for sharing!

Shruti said...

These are so beautiful and so innovative... :).. I'm just wondering about checking all those pockets before i put that quilt into the machine for a wash... LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...