Friday, October 30, 2009

The Boxy Pouch

There's nothing like the satisfaction of finishing a small project like this one. I promised to make my eldest daughter Amelia a pencil case for school a few weeks ago and today I finally got around to it. I found this great tutorial months ago to make a 'Boxy pouch' and decided this would be perfect for a pencil case. I increased the measurements by 2 inches and it came out about the size of a small tissue box. (Speaking of tissue boxes have you seen these ones. Too cute!) I also added ribbon tabs at each end of the zipper to make opening and closing easier.


I have also decided to participate in the "Show'n'tell Fridays" hosted by "Amy" each week. So this is my first Show'n'Tell post. I think it's going to be just the motivation I need to finish at least a small item each week and hopefully a big item every now and then. Head on over here and check out the other posts this week. Just click on the 'Show'n'tell' Button on the right sidebar.

15 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Very cute project!

tara said...

I love that tutorial and made a few for family. I might have to make some more. It looks great.

QuiltyBee said...

Nice work--I always admire these but am too lazy to make them.

amylouwhosews said...

I'm with KQuiltyBee - I've been leaning to the lazy side lately! It is totally cute! I bet your daughter loves it!

Thanks for sharing (and the Betz White Target Kleenex boxes - I'll be getting some of those for sure!)!

Leslie said...

isn't sew and tell great motivation...? this is such a cute little pouch. i love the little flower.

Heather said...

Super cute! I'll have to go check out that tutorial... thanks for sharing! :o)

Rafael's Mum said...

Bet Amelia is pleased with it! It has come out very well! I saw that tutorial but I am scared of putting in zippers... never done it and looks fiddly... Maybe I should put it on my list to give it a try! Well done getting it finished!

Martina Masini said...

This tutorial is great and really easy to follow. I've already made several for my girls. I love yours with the embroidery.

Lesly said...

Very tidy little pouch! Thanks for sharing and for posting the link to the tutorial.

Nina... said...

I love it! I think I might make one for myself to hold my sewing accessories when I travel. Thanks for sharing.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

How cute, Catherine, and so handy! I got lots of zippers from a guild member who's mother had been a seamstress, and it's probably time for me to try sewing a zipper:-)

Sandra Schwab said...

THis is so cute! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Best wishes from Germany,
Sandy

Rene' said...

Great project!!! I like how you made it a little bigger. I also love the flowers (embroidered?) on the outside. Thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn said...

How very cute! Love how it turned out.

Sally said...

I've followed this same tutorial to make several pouches! I love it. I also made some modifications to some to lengthen the pouch and make it into a marker pouch (which comes in handy since I am a traveling teacher!). Your pouch looks adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...