Saturday, September 5, 2009

Round 3 of quilt along

These are the fabrics I've selected to make a wonky log cabin quilt which is 'Round 3' of the Old Red Barn quilt along group on Flickr. I was itching to use some of my new fabrics but also wanted to do a bit of de-stashing of my quite significant fabric collection. So I compromised. Six of these fabrics are from the Hoffman Peacock range and were bought back from the States by my husband 2 years ago and most of the others have been in my stash for some time. I am lucky enough to have a neighbor who is a dressmaker and sometimes brings me over offcuts of pure cotton fabrics. So a couple of fabrics come from her. It feels good to use fabrics that I've had for a long time.

I decided to make another pillow for my parents lounge to go with the other ones I made a while back. I made it a few weeks ago but as my Mother doesn't know about it yet and reads this blog I couldn't put it up here until now. We are going over for lunch tomorrow for Fathers Day so will be able to finally surprise my Mum with it then.


It seems to be Giveaway time in blog land at the moment. If I had the time I could spend all day entering giveaways. I did find time for this giveaway though......just couldn't resist these fabrics.........Fig tree honey bun, jelly roll AND turnover. Click on this link http://www.fatquartershop.com/Fig-Tree-Quilts-Fabric-Moda-Fabrics.asp to have a look for yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...