Thursday, July 9, 2009

Completed Cushions

My Mother's cushions are all finished and ready to be delivered to her. I'm so pleased with how they came out, especially with all the decorative stitching I did. This did make the process longer but definitely worth it. I got reacquainted with my machine's stitches and now I'm all keen to do more. The log cabin block is machine quilted with no decorative stitching because I really wanted to prove to myself that my machine could still do free motion quilting without having a hissy fit. I realized while trying to quilt these cushions that my machine won't quilt with just any bobbins, it only likes the original bobbins. Caitlin my youngest daughter enjoyed helping me make the covered buttons for the enclosures on the back.



Blogs to visit


My friend Melissa has a new blog for her sewing projects. She is fairly new to patchwork/quilting but you wouldn't think so looking at her work so far. I think she is doing very well indeed. Please go check out her beautiful blog and all her quilts on her flickr site as well.

Also Sandy is having a lovely giveaway on her blog. You only have until Friday 10th to be in the draw so you need to go on over asap. She has made a beautiful cross stitch sissors fob as part of the giveaway.

4 comments:

HMaas said...

Just lovely - I love the fabric choices.

Susan said...

Your cushions are beautiful! I'm sure your mother is going to love them!

Rafael's Mum said...

They've come out beautifully! All the extra work certainly paid off and I am sure your mom is thrilled!

Amber said...

Wow! Very pretty! I love the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...