Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Floor Cushions


I made these large floor cushions from leftover quilt blocks and even had enough backing fabric leftover to back them. I used fabric covered buttons for the enclosure. Covered buttons just make it look more professionally finished don't you think? The actual quilt blocks sat in my sewing attic for a few months before I finally got inspriation to finish them. That inspiration came when I decided to machine quilt them. I am a complete novice at machine quilting as I like to hand quilt so I needed the practice and I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out. Also knowing that TV cameras were going to be near our home was also a major reason to replace our previous tired looking floor cushions in our lounge.




1 comment:

Carol R. said...

These are gorgeous! What a lovely use of leftover blocks. I always tend to make more than I need for my project and have a stack of odd blocks sitting waiting for inspiration. Thank you for a great idea for using them up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...