Friday, May 22, 2009

Caitlin's Quilt
















My busy husband is home and we have sorted the computer glitch out . So here we have my youngest daughters quilt that was meant to be ready for her 7th birthday but she got it the Christmas after her 8th birthday. Never mind it is filled with love for her, that is, I loved every stage of making this quilt. When I asked what she wanted she said hearts and I had envisaged flowers and butterflies so it's a mixture of everything she likes including an image of "Felicity" from the "Felicity wishes books" and four girlfriends in a row. I got inspiration from all sorts of places, going through my magazines and books, picking out patterns that would fit the theme and had always wanted to try. I just kept on making different blocks until I thought I had enough. The most challenging part was fitting the blocks together as they were all different sizes. It is all hand quilted with lots of hearts and also has a little embroidery, some beading and some old buttons raided from my Mums button tin. I think it took about 6-7 months to do. I love the fact that some of the fabrics are from dresses or skirts I have made her.















3 comments:

Annabel said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt! Your daughter is very lucky!

Jerri said...

What an awesome quilt! The colors and details are amazing! Well worth the time!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Oh what a fun quilt! Those colors are so pretty together and the fabrics are just perfect for a little girl! Thanks for sending me the link :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...