Monday, May 25, 2009

Amelia's Quilt


This is my eldest daughters quilt which she got when she was 7. As you can see its full of bright sunshiny colours and whilst it doesn't have any fabrics from her clothes it does have a vintage fabric that my Aunt passed on to me. It's the yellow one with red apples near the bottom. Most of the other fabrics were in my stash except the border fabrics that were purchased. The backing is white calico that I hand dyed a lilac colour. I hand quilted this one with spirals and outlined the shapes. I like the look of hand quilting and find it a very calming thing to sit and do, plus its a great thing to do during winter. The quilt pattern is from the book Colourful Quilts for Kids by Kari Pearson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just stunning! I love the bright colours. And hand quilted too, what a keepsake :) I'm halfway through my first quilt, hope it turns out as nice as yours!

Unknown said...

wow, your hand quilting is amazing, what a beautiful quilt.

Kathleen said...

absolutely gorgeous...do you have flickr at all... so we could see the quilt close up?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...